Monday, February 7, 2011

How to organize a convention...

Have you ever thought about the people, who are behind a convention? Who  make the space for those, who would look like fools when spotted in public but celebrated as creative artists when in a bunch?

Well, I can tell you, the people behind are not well paid geniuses, waiting for an opportunity to make the most money. We're stressed, sleepless, never in time folks, who are scared to fizzle in front of all their friends.
Luckily it didn't happen to me. My friends and I decided to host our own little event, focused on music, horror and everything, you usually don't find at a Japan-Convention. It was on Saturday February, 5th, that 150 people we didn't know attended our event, had fun and told us they liked so much, they want a second round.
Yes, I haven't slept in 4 days now, I had almost 50% of the work, I was running around for the whole time ... but I don't care.

My friends and I kicked ass with organizing the whole thing and we're very proud. I guess there'll be a Kacchoii ze Japan! 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment